Information concerning electronic communication with the town’s administrative authority (gaining access).
The Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority offers the possibility of electronic communication. In accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act § 3 a VwVfG. the authority provides restricted access on the following terms:
1. Informal correspondence per email
The transmission of electronic documents to the Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority has been made possible for simple informal means of correspondence. Informal correspondence must not be hand signed.
There are a number of email addresses available for this form of communication, among others the central email address belonging to the Citizen’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Formal correspondence
Letters and documents, which according to the law are required in written form, for example, objections or formal applications, are not effective if send per email. To be legally binding such letters or documents must be sent in written form and hand signed.
3. Conditions for email access
The Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority does not accept encrypted emails.
If you wish to send an email with attachment to one or more of the town’s authorities, then please be aware of the fact that not all of the markets common data-file formats and applications are supported.
The following data-file formats (up to 5 MB) can be processed:
- Adobe Acrobat as of version 4.0 (*.pdf).
- Text files or files from word processing programmes in rich text or TXT format (*.rtf, *.txt).
- Microsoft Word as of version Word 95 (*.doc).
- Microsoft Excel as of version Excel 95 (*.xls).
- Microsoft PowerPoint as of version PowerPoint 95 (*.ppt).
- For images the formats (*.jpg, *.gif, *.tif).
- Files compressed with Winzip, which do not unzip themselves (*.zip).
E-Mails containing the following attachments will be rejected without being read:
- Files secured with a password.
- Files with automatic sequences/programming (e.g. Macros).
- Files exceeding 5 MB.
- The list of data-file formats is updated on a regular basis. If you wish to make use of deviating data-file formats, e.g. when exchanging geo-information, then this has to be agreed upon with the recipient involved.
4. Web forms and web services
The Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority provides forms and electronic services. It is preferred that these are put to use. Data exchange by means of electronic forms and services is encrypted with the use of SSL technology with 128 bit encryption algorithm. To make use of this service you require a browser, which supports this encryption: Internet Explorer as from version 5.5 or Netscape as from version 4.7.
5. Dealing with spam
Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority filters out unwanted emails by means of software (spam/virus filter). The filter blocks emails if, for example, they contain a virus.
Emails with commercial intent (spam) are also rejected. Your emails could be rejected if mistakenly identified as spam; you will not be informed. If necessary please make (telephone) enquiries with the recipient to find out whether your email has been accepted.
6. Answer per email
The Halle (Saale) Administrative Authority assumes: If communication is commenced electronically then any further communication will be carried out in the same manner insofar as other regulations do not stand in the way.
7. Contact person:
Teamleiter DV-Koordination der Stadt Halle (Saale)
Große Nikolaistraße 8
06108 Halle (Saale)
+49 345 221-4200
+49 345 221-4235